ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home
The ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program is designed to ensure Owen Electric members purchase an energy efficient manufactured home.
To be eligible for this incentive, new manufactured homes must meet the following criteria:
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Systems Building Research Alliance (SBRA) guidelines as an ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home.
- Primary source of heat must be a heat pump.
- Home must be all electric.
- Home must be installed by the member on lines served by Owen Electric Cooperative.
- Participants in the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program are not eligible for participation in the Heat Pump Retrofit Program.
After new home installation and after receiving certification as an ENERGY STAR manufactured home, Owen Electric will issue a $1,150 incentive payment to the member. This incentive is intended to help cover the cost of the upgrade of the home from the standard construction requirements to the SBRA and EPA ENERGY STAR requirements.
For more information on the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program, contact Jude Canchola at (800) 372-7612 ext. 3532.