Owen Electric Scholarships
Owen Electric Cooperative has established an annual scholarship program to assist in financing higher education for students whose families, or themselves, are cooperative members. The cooperative will award twelve $1,000 scholarships annually.
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the accredited college, university, technical college or trade school of the student’s choice.
Owen Electric Cooperative Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
Owen Electric Cooperative scholarships will be awarded in a random drawing after the business meeting portion of the Owen Electric Annual Meeting in June of each year.
The 2017 Annual Meeting will be held Friday, June 16 at Grant County High School in Dry Ridge.
Registration will begin at 4:30 with the Business Meeting beginning at 7 p.m. ALL registration, for the meeting and scholarship drawing is done AT the Annual meeting.
- Student or student’s parent or guardian must be a member of Owen Electric Cooperative at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education (college, university, junior college, or trade school). Graduate school (master’s degree programs or higher) is excluded from program. Non-traditional students are welcome as well.
- The student must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) at the Annual Meeting. The parent or legal guardian must first register for the membership meeting and then accompany the applicant to the scholarship registration booth to register for the drawing. Non-traditional students, age 21 or older, and who are themselves members of the cooperative are not subject to this requirement.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment/acceptance at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. class schedule, account balance at the university, etc.)
- Students and their parent/legal guardian must be present during the drawings.
- Scholarship recipients must permit Owen Electric Cooperative to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
- Students who have previously been awarded an Owen Electric Cooperative scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
- Owen Electric Cooperative employees/directors and their immediate families are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Parent(s) or legal guardians(s) of the student, or the student themselves, must register for the membership meeting where their membership and address will be validated.
- Membership ticket will be brought to the scholarship registration table located near the membership registration area.
- A scholarship form will be completed and submitted by the student applicant.
- Student will then be escorted to a reserved seating area near the stage.
- After the business meeting, scholarship eligible students will be asked to gather on the stage while the member prize drawing winners are announced.
- Twelve students’ names will be drawn to award the scholarships.
Winning students will remain on the stage for pictures and asked to visit the scholarship registration table for follow-up procedures.
If you have any questions about the Owen Electric Cooperative Scholarship, please contact Whitney Duvall at 502-563-3481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.