Public Notice: Proposed Changes to Demand Side Management (DSM) Programs
Proposed Changes to Demand Side Management (DSM) Programs
Notice is hereby given to the members of: Big Sandy RECC, 504 Eleventh Street, Paintsville, KY 41240; Blue Grass Energy Coop. Corp., 1201 Lexington Road, Nicholasville, KY40356; Clark Energy Coop., Inc., 2640 Iron Works Road, Winchester, KY40391; Cumberland Valley Electric, Inc., 6219 North U.S. Highway 25E, Gray, KY 40734; Farmers RECC, 504 South Broadway, Glasgow, KY 42141; Fleming-Mason Energy Coop. Corp., 1449 Elizaville Road, Flemingsburg, KY 41041; Grayson RECC, 109 Bagby Park, Grayson, KY 41143; Inter-County Energy Coop. Corp., 1009 Hustonville Road, Danville, KY 40422; Licking Valley RECC, 271 Main Street, West Liberty, KY 41472; Nolin RECC, 411 Ring Rd., Elizabethtown, KY 42701; Owen Electric Coop., Inc., 8205 Highway 127 N, Owenton, KY 40359; Salt River Electric Coop., Inc., 111 West Brashear Avenue, Bardstown, KY 40004; Shelby Energy Coop., Inc., 620 Old Finchville Road, Shelbyville, KY 40065; South Kentucky RECC, 200 Electric Avenue, Somerset, KY 42502; Taylor County RECC, 625 West Main Street, Campbellsville, KY 42718.
On or about January 30, 2019, the Cooperatives will file proposed tariffs that revise or eliminate certain DSM programs that are currently in effect. The proposed effective date for the tariff changes is March 1, 2019. Each of the DSM tariffs are voluntary in nature. None of the Cooperatives have a DSM Rider in effect, so there will be no change in the rates charged for electric service to any customer class. However, if the proposed tariffs are approved:
• The Heat Pump Retrofit Program will add ductless mini-splits as an eligible primary heat source. Other eligibility criteria will change and incentives will no longer be tied to AHRI ratings.
• The Button-Up Weatherization Program will no longer apply to installing higher efficiency windows and doors and program levels will be abolished in favor of a single incentive. A new standard for measuring attic insulations will be adopted.
• The Touchstone Energy Home Program will increase the minimum efficiency eligibility standard while retaining only two eligibility paths (Blue Grass Energy also retains the option to provide additional services).
• The Residential Direct Load Control Program will no longer apply to new water heaters or any pool pumps and gives greater flexibility in providing the incentive to members.
• The Commercial Direct Load Control Program will now apply to heat pumps, but will no longer apply to new water heaters. Additional device communication requirements will apply.
• The ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home Program will have a lower incentive payment now given directly to a qualifying member.
The Cooperatives also propose to eliminate the: (1) ENERGY STAR Appliance Program; (2) Appliance Recycling Program; (3) Commercial and Industrial Advance Lighting Program; (4) Industrial Compressed Air Program; and (5) HVAC Duct Seal Program, where applicable.
A person may examine this tariff filing at any of the Cooperatives’ respective offices at the addresses listed above. A person may also examine this tariff filing at the Public Service Commission’s offices, which are located at 211 Sower Boulevard, Frankfort, Kentucky, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or through the Commission’s website at http://psc.ky.gov. Any comments regarding this tariff filing may be submitted to the Commission through its website or by mail to Kentucky Public Service Commission, Post Office Box 615, Frankfort, Kentucky 40602. The rates contained in this notice are the rates proposed by the Cooperatives, however, the Public Service Commission may order rates to be charged that differ from the proposed rates contained in this notice. A person may submit a timely written request for intervention to the Public Service Commission, at the address listed above, establishing the grounds for the request including the status and interest of the party. If the commission does not receive a written request for intervention within thirty (30) days of the initial publication of this notice, the Commission may take final action on the tariff filing.