- Incentive applies when homeowner's primary heat source is an electric resistance heat furnace; ceiling cable heat; baseboard heat; or electric thermal storage.
- Existing heat source must be at least 2 years old.
- New manufactured homes are eligible for the incentive.
- Two (2) maximum incentive payments per location, per lifetime for centrally ducted systems.
- Ducted and ductless mini-splits applying for the incentive will be incentivized at a rate of $250 per indoor head unit up to a maximum of three head units per location, per lifetime.
- Participants in the Heat Pump Retrofit Program are not eligible for participation in the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program.
Residential members/homeowners replacing their existing resistance heat source with a heat pump will qualify for the following incentive based on the equipment type:
Centrally Ducted Systems:
Current Energy Conservation Standard established by the Federal Department of Energy (DOE), $500
Current ENERGY STAR level equipment of greater, $750
Mini Split Systems:
Ducted or ductless Mini-Splits ENERGY STAR, $250
If you have any questions or would like more information concerning the Heat Pump Retrofit Program, contact Jude Canchola at (800) 372-7612 ext. 3532.